Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blast From the (Way) Past!



OMG!  20 years later, a Friday the 13th fan named Kurt...hi, Kurt!....has sent me a picture that I had to smile at.  And share with you.  It brings back memories of playing JJ the rocker, 2nd body of the film (whose title I shall not impart....if you're that much of a horror fan you probably already know), which we shot in Brittania Beach and Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver.

The picture is sweet because it's pre guitar-in-the-head wound.  Yes, she dies when Jason whacks her in the head with a (pink!) Flying V.   The death wasn't so quick in real life 'cause it took a few days to shoot.  I remember Dad patiently trying to teach me how to play air guitar to the piece they used in the film (no, I am not actually a playah, I can't even keep it in tune!), sitting in the trailer for HOURS getting my hair crimped, LMAO with Martin Cummins, and laying on the bottom of that cold, wet, gritty barge playing dead from my little wax head wound, and dreaming of a warm bath.  Sigh....it's good to be alive.  Thanks for the memories, Kurt and all of you who write about the Very Important Part I played!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet memories.

    OK, I'll buy a Coke (Diet, in honour of Saf's addiction) for the fan who first finds an image of her giving birth to a larva! It's out there. You just gotta want it.

    Camille
    (Saf's l'il sister who always got the 'girlfriend' parts and none of those other juicy morsels...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do better, I found footage of (almost) every film and TV show she's done and compiled a clip compilation. Couldn't find any footage of her 2 appearances on Danger Bay though, but I tried my best :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAjxYZyxnL8

      Delete